Advanced Allyship for Wedding Pros
A 6-month consulting program to build and execute your LGBTQ+ Inclusion Strategy.
Only 17% of wedding venues identify as LGBTQ+ friendly1.
That's about 83% too few.
If you're a wedding venue that wants to update your Queer Inclusion Strategy, I can help you:
- Celebrate with even more LGBTQ+ couples choosing to get married at their venue
- Undertake awareness training for your staff
- Learn how to use inclusive language
- Confidently respond to homophobia/transphobia
- Audit your business for inclusive practices
- Feel proud to be a truly inclusive wedding business for your staff and clients
- Establish your wedding venue as a go-to destination for LGBTQ+ couples
90% of queer people expect to experience discrimination when planning a wedding
- Dancing With Her survey2
Are you a wedding venue that wants to stop saying you're an ally and start being one?
Drop your details down below and I'll get in touch.
“How did you get into wedding photography?”
I used to reply to this question with something off the cuff about how I started working for another photography company while I was still in highschool. But that's not the whole story…
You see, my boss was also my church mentor. So at the same time that he was teaching me about light and composition, he was also showing me how to be a “Christian business owner” by politely turning away any couples that didn’t adhere to our religious views on marriage.
To cut to the chase, I was taught early in my career how to discriminate against LGBTQ+ couples.
It would take years of unlearning to realise how harmful this had been on my own journey to accept my queerness…. But this introduction to wedding photography proved to be pivotal in shaping me and why I run my business today: to celebrate all humans in love.
Call it a "purpose" - or perhaps an over-correction - but these days I spend my time teaching other wedding and service-based business owners how to implement inclusion strategies to help them authentically book (and celebrate) more LGBTQ+ clients.
2. Dancing With Her 2022 Survey, https://www.spreaker.