Go from feeling awkward and uncomfortable to being a confident and conscious ally.
In this training you will learn how to...
✅ Master the art of inclusive language (without getting overwhelmed or stuck in the weeds)
✅ Quickly audit your brand touchpoints to reflect your values and attract more queer-identifying clients
✅ Confidently attract LGBTQ+ couples into your business without being tokenistic
✅ Overcome imposter syndrome to be an effective ally and advocate in the wedding industry (and in life)
"Thank you Hank, your course was exactly what I needed, it was very informative! I just photographed my first queer wedding last weekend and your training helped me feel more confident. I was able to make my clients feel comfortable and relaxed with me, and the photos turned out awesome!”
Anton Kross, Across The Forest Photography
- A history of the LGBTQ+ comunity
- Defining "the binary" and who exists outside of it
- Defining "the spectrum" and why it's a useful tool
- Appropriate labels and terms
Inclusive Language Made Easy
- Analyzing outdated language in the wedding industry
- How to use questions to be more inclusive
- What to say when you accidentally say the wrong thing
- A simple exercise to help you practise using they/them pronouns
How to Audit Your Brand
- Identify which touchpoints need to be audited
- The no-nonsense hack to scan your entire website for outdated language in under 5 minutes
- How to update your policies to reflect your value for inclusion
Allyship and Advocacy
- An easy-to-remember allyship framework
- A deeper look at current issues faced by the LGBTQ+ community
- The intersection of queer justice and other marginalized communities.
- How your wedding business can positively influence others to be more inclusive and affirming.
Inclusive Brand Audit Checklist
Short, simple and to the point.
Follow along this comprehensive brand audit checklist to ensure you've evaluated every single touchpoint in your business to use updated, inclusive language.
The 7-day Roadmap to Inclusify your Wedding Business
Okay folks, LBR: implementing change in our business can be hard.
Using this worksheet, you'll be able to take the 2-hour-ish training and implement each of the tasks across 7 days without feeling overwhelmed.
3 Proven Strategies to Book More Queer Weddings
This brand new audio training will outline the 3 tactics I've used for years to book more LGBTQ+ clients in my business.
Perfect listening for the next time you're doing your laundry or driving to a wedding.
THIS ONLINE TRAINING IS FOR FOLKS WHO...
- are willing to learn and be challenged
- believe that love is love, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation
- want to prepare for the queer wedding boom; and
- are ready to make some changes in their business in order to be more inclusive
"You won't know the full scope of how badly you need this training until you start, so if you're even on the fence, trust me, you need it."
- Rick Liston, Wedding Workflows
"This course is a course I didn't know I needed. Not only for my business, but for my own personal knowledge. I believe the world would be better off if people took this course. Take the course!"
- Angie, Candidsol Photography
"We were ready to shift our brand to reflect that we're an ally and loved having a 'checklist' of things to be aware of while re-branding."
- Fyona & Dave, Pipewolf Weddings
Module 1: LGBTQ+ 101 (worth $49)
Module 2: Inclusive Language Made Easy (worth $49)
Module 3: How to Audit Your Brand (worth $49)
Module 4: Allyship & Advocacy (worth $49)
BONUS: Inclusive Brand Audit Checklist (worth $99)
BONUS: The 7-Day Roadmap to Inclusify your Wedding Business (worth $99)
BONUS: Audio Training: 3 Proven Strategies to Book More Queer Weddings (worth $179)
Total Value: $573
Today's Price: $49 USD
Commonly Asked Questions
I'm not a wedding vendor. Can I still sign up?
How long will it take to complete the Queer Wedding Ally Training?
How do I access the training materials?
You're in Australia. Why do you charge in USD?
What do you mean by "lifetime" access?
I’m worried about alienating my current clients. Will I lose business as an ally??
Hello, I'm Hank!
I'm a wedding photographer, author of the book Queer-Owned, *imperfect* vegan, and proud member of the LGBTQ+ community.
Coming out was hard. But it was made easier by the people in my world who stood by me, accepted me wholeheartedly, and spoke up for me when I couldn’t use my voice. These people were my allies.
Queer Wedding Ally Training has been developed with you in mind:
- You accept and affirm LGBTQ+ people
- You believe that love is love, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation
- And you are ready to make changes in your business to reflect your personal values
To be honest, this is a really big deal for me. Never in my dreams did I imagine I would have the chance to educate and support a global community of wedding professionals who are wanting to be more inclusive in their business.
Yet here we are, ensuring our personal values are integrated in our brands.
Thank you for joining the movement!
Feedback for Queer Wedding Ally Training
"Many couples who book my services tell me that my genuine approach to being an ally, from website through to emails and our conversations, is part of why they booked my services.
Many of my couples may not be queer themselves, but they have family and friends who are, so it is important to them that they are using the services of someone who is a genuine ally and who will be inclusive and respectful of their guests as well as them as the marrying couple.
This course was a great prompt to reassess and review my language and ensure that my messages were consistent and welcoming."
Rosemary Johnson, Marriage Celebrant
"I have booked a lot more couples that have commented on my use of inclusive language! Thanks so much for your friendly, non-judgemental space - it gave me a lot to think about."
Sinead Allison, Golden Thread Photography
“Hank is a passionate and knowledgeable educator. This training will be a gamechanger in the wedding industry!”
Purchase With Confidence
If you purchase the training and it's not what you expected, you can request a full refund within 48 hours of purchasing, or ask that we donate the value of your membership to The Trevor Project on your behalf.
Hank Paul Company operates on the stolen land of the Gadigal People of the Eora Nation. We pay our respect to Elders both past and present. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples should be aware that this website may contain images or names of people who have since passed away.
Photos by Henry Paul Photography